The Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism will be cancelling and postponing events and programs and closing the following facilities due to concerns over outbreaks of COVID-19. We will continue to assess the situation and will advise patrons and staff of new developments as they become available.
- Charles County Parks for passive recreation only, including:
- Indian Head Rail Trail
- Bensville Park front parking lot for Indian Head Rail Trail access
- Walking and hiking trails at Friendship Farm Park, Gilbert Run Park, Laurel Springs Regional Park, Mallows Bay Park, Maxwell Hall Park, Oak Ridge Park, Pisgah Park, and Port Tobacco River Park
- Horse trails at Maxwell Hall Park (members only), Oak Ridge Park, and Friendship Farm Park
- Turkey Hill and White Plains Dog Parks
- Turkey Hill Disc Golf
- White Plains Regional Park Tennis Courts
- All school-based community centers, indoor pools, the Port Tobacco Recreation Center, Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center, Capital Clubhouse, and Waldorf Senior & Recreational Center are closed until further notice.
- Crain Memorial Welcome Center until further notice.
- The White Plains Golf Course and White Plains skatepark are closed until further notice.
- All playgrounds, athletic fields, and pavilions within Charles County Parks are closed until further notice.
- All Charles County Recreation sports practices and games, drop-in programs, activities, classes, and events have been cancelled until further notice.
- No organized sports practices or games are permitted at Charles County Parks locations or on Board of Education sports fields until further notice.
- Recreational fishing and boating are prohibited until the Governor lifts the executive Stay at Home Order or until the State of Emergency has ended.
- Kayaking and paddle boarding are a form of exercise and they are permitted under the Stay at Home Order. Guidance on social distancing and the prohibition on social gatherings must be strictly followed.
Refunds will be issued for cancelled programs. For questions regarding refunds, please contact the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Registration Office at 301-932-3470.
Last updated: March 31, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.