Our alert notification system, RainedOut, has notified Charles County Government that they will begin charging a fee for text alerts on January 1, 2020. To avoid these fees, we will be using Charles County Government's existing Citizens Notification System (CNS) to notify subscribers regarding Recreation and Parks at no additional cost.
Beginning January 1, 2020, Recreation and Parks will no longer be using RainedOut to provide any Recreation and Parks alert notifications. This includes weather cancellations. To continue receiving alert notifications related to Charles County Recreation and Parks, existing RainedOut subscribers MUST subscribe to the county's Recreation and Parks CNS alert notifications.
If you are a current CNS subscriber
- Log into your existing CNS account at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736722254#/login
- Click Edit in the My Subscriptions window.
- Expand Charles County Notifications
- Expand Recreation, Parks, and Tourism
- Click the box next to Recreation and Parks and then the Save button to update your subscriptions.
If you do not have a CNS account
- Visit https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736722254#/signup to create a new free CNS account.
- After creating your account, follow steps 1-5 above under 'If you are a current CNS subscriber" to subscribe to receive Recreation and Parks alert notifications.
If you need assistance, please email the CNS System Administrator at CNSAdministrator@CharlesCountyMD.gov or phone 301-645-0615.