Do you have a skill or talent that you would like to share with others? The Charles County Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism is looking for recreation class instructors for a variety of programs, likes, and interests.
How does it work?
Potential Instructors must first submit a Class Instructor Proposal Form. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee that the Division will automatically accept the class or program. The Recreation Services Administrator will review all proposals and pass on to the appropriate Program Supervisor for further consideration.
Criteria for Evaluation
- Mission/Vision– Class fit into the Mission & Vision of the Charles County Recreation Division
- Demand – Demand for this type of class
- Capacity – Registration capacity for the class/facility availability
- Instructor Experience
- Certifications & Affiliations
- Proposed Fees
After the proposal has been reviewed and pre-approved, potential Instructors will be required to pass a pre-agreement background check prior to finalizing any contract terms and/or, for non-contract instructors, finalizing the hiring process. Recreation staff will work with the Contracted Instructors on obtaining the additional required information (i.e., contractor staff background checks, insurance information, W-9, sole proprietor form, Contract Services Agreement) and the payment terms and details for your program. Contract Services Agreements must be in place prior to any marketing or advertising of programs by either the Division or Contractor.
- Pass a pre-agreement background check
- General liability insurance with $1 million minimum coverage (Charles County Government must be named as an additional insured).
- Sole Proprietor Form
- Worker's Compensation Insurance - For business only
- W-9 (Reporting income)
- Background check for all employees and volunteers
- Signed Contract Services Agreement
- Develop curriculum.
- Provide all program supplies and any special equipment
- Provide all staff
- Operate their programs in accordance with the mission, vision, and core values of the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism
- Complete Contractor Payout Invoice at the conclusion of the program
Class proposals are accepted year-round. For best consideration, proposals must be submitted by the following dates in order to be included in our quarterly GUIDE publication.
|Season Program is Offered||Deadline to Division|
|Fall (September-December)||April 1|
|Winter (December-March)||July 1|
|Spring/Summer (March-August)||October 1|
The final step is sharing your talent with the community and becoming a member of a dedicated team committed to making sure that “Fun Happens Here."
For more information on how to become either a contracted or non-contracted instructor, please contact Robert C. Jones, Recreation Services Administrator at email@example.com.