Special Olympics Maryland and the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism in a joint partnership offer a year-round program for athletic conditioning, training, and competition for individuals with intellectual disabilities who are at least eight years of age. There is no maximum age limit. All Special Olympics sports activities are free of charge to athletes. Currently, Special Olympics Charles County offers a chance to compete in ten Olympic-style sports annually. Online registration is available and required to participate in Special Olympics Sports.
Join our email list by sending an email to SpecialOlympicsCharlesCounty@gmail.com. For more information, please call Casey Ryan at 973-768-9885.
Registration and Updated Medicals
- The policy of Special Olympics MD is that ALL medical/volunteer applications must be updated every three years. This is required before a participant can attend training. To determine your status, please call 973-768-9885. Coaches will enforce this policy.
- View the Athlete Medical Form here. All 5 pages must be completed. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Volunteers and Coaches Needed
- Volunteers are an important part of the Special Olympics program. Please consider volunteering your time with this worthwhile program. Details: 973-768-9885.
- Coaches must be 18 or older and are subject to a criminal background investigation. Training is offered.
- View the Volunteer Application Form here.
- Volunteer's are asked to complete the Protective Behaviors Training. Take the quiz at the end of the presentation and ensure that you hit submit so that you and Special Olympics Maryland receive notification of your successful completion. Please print the email and include it with your application.
- Volunteers are required to complete this Concussion Training Certification.