Participation in sports can be a great learning experience for players, coaches, referees, parents, and
administrators alike. These experiences often transfer into our daily lives at home, at school, and in the office during our recreational time.
The Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism has developed the following Code of Conduct to establish standards for participation in all sports programs. All participants are encouraged to adopt these policies in order to provide a positive and rewarding experience for everybody involved in the programs.
The Code of Conduct is based on sportsmanship and fair play while creating a fun and positive environment for all.
- Display good sportsmanship
- Always respect players, parents, opponents, officials, and coaches
- Know, study, and abide by the rules of the game and support the officials
- Respect the facilities; without them we wouldn’t have a place to play
- Play, lead, and cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play
- Do not use foul language
- Act appropriately; do not taunt or disturb other players, coaches, and spectators
- Promote a fun and positive atmosphere
- Players, play for the fun and enjoyment of the sport. Never argue with the decisions of officials and coaches
- Coaches, place the emotional and physical well-being of players ahead of the desire to win. Provide a safe playing situation for all players
- Spectators, be supportive; applaud a good effort in victory or defeat. Do not embarrass others by yelling, booing, or criticizing. Recognize the importance of volunteer coaches